Welcome to a brand new round of Five Minute Friday!
If you’re new in these parts, click here to read all about the crazy fun we have each week together.
And in case you’ve been MIA for a while, you may not know that
REGISTRATION FOR THE FMF RETREAT IS NOW OPEN!!
Here are the Top Ten Reasons You Should Come to the Retreat (including BRAND NEW DETAILS YOU HAVEN’T HEARD BEFORE, in no particular order):
10. You’re female (sorry to the men!), you love Five Minute Friday, and you need a weekend away!! (Okay, maybe that’s three reasons packed into one … oops.)
9. You’re looking for some face-to-face encouragement from women who’ve likely gone through similar joys and challenges you’ve experienced as a blogger. Can’t you just picture sitting together late into the night in the cozy retreat venue pictured below, sharing tips, advice and motivation, sharing meals and stories? (Have I persuaded you yet?) 😉
8. You know how amazing this community is online — like, really amazing. Imagine how amazing it will be to gather together IN PERSON!!
7. Check out this view from the retreat venue! Can you say relaxation??
5. We have an AMAZING planning committee, including Holly Barrett, Mary Geisen and Jen Daugherty — and they’re all going to be there, too!! (And they promise reason #6 above.)
4. We’ve got a representative from our Retreat Sponsor, ViBella Jewelry, who will be joining us all weekend long, and she says, “We will have some special goodies just for attendees, plus a sneak peek into our new fall jewelry line that empowers artisans and their communities.” Who’s excited??!
3. There will be prizes, treats and special goodies for all who attend! Like, really fun stuff!
2. And, in breaking news, authors Ann Kroeker and Charity Singleton Craig have agreed to do a live video chat with us during the retreat, discussing topics from their book, On Being a Writer: 12 Simple Habits for a Writing Life that Lasts (Masters in Fine Living Series)! So cool, hey?! You seriously don’t want to miss this!
1. Can you honestly think of a better way to spend a weekend than hanging out with like-minded women, bonding, chatting, laughing, possibly crying a little, learning and growing together? I can’t! I really, really hope you join us!
Get more information here, and click below to buy your ticket today!
This week I’m also so excited to share a brand new FMF Intro Video with you, thanks to Asheritah from OneThingAlone.com!
In this week’s edition, Asheritah interviews Laura Mitchell from www.hopeanchors.net.
Without further ado, this week’s FMF prompt is:
Let the timers begin:
Hide me in the cleft of your rock.
Shelter me from the raging wind. Let me plead with you to show me your glory. Pass before me and make me cover my eyes in your presence.
Bury seeds of your Word in the soil of my mind. Water it, and make it grow — green and thriving.
Tuck me deep in your heart, hidden from evil. Protected.
Graft your will into my soul. Mold it. Make it your own.
Slip them silently into my sleep, so that I wake with renewed passion for your name.
Hide my many weaknesses, that I may be found pleasing in your sight. Wash me clean, and toss the dirt far into the depths of the sea.
Hide me with your love.
Don’t forget to visit your link-up neighbors and leave them a friendly, neighborly comment!
Subscribe for free
Join the mailing list, and get a free copy of Letters to Grief,
plus two free adult coloring pages!